Find your place in space by NASA. This page contains useful information on NASA Internship. It also discusses NASA salary, acceptance rate, application requirements and interview. Kindly read on to find out about more about NASA.
NASA stands for “The National Aeronautics and Space Administration”. It is in the jurisdiction of the United States federal government. This space Agency has its headquarters at Washington DC.
The independent space agency was formed on the 29th of July 1958. NASA succeeded The National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics(NACA) which exited from 1915 to 1958.
NASA is responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and space research. The agency encourages peaceful application in space science. This science is focused on better understanding of the earth through earth observing systems.
You May Read
- Amazon virtual jobs
- Part Time Job From Home For Students In USA
- Best nursing schools in America
- Coca Cola Scholarship: Application Requirements, Deadline And How To Apply
- Best Online PhD Programs In The US
The Apollo moon landing mission, the skylab space station, space shuttle etc are all NASA space exploration.
You can read more about NASA here While we discuss about NASA Internship.
What is NASA Internship
NASA Internship is a program that welcome students and graduates to study and gain experience from the agency. The internship span for a designated period of time, depending on the field of study.
This internship is organized by a third party companies and organizations. They carry out this recruitment on behalf of NASA agency.
Interns are recruited by employers. Employees recruited as usually best performed interns who are skilled.
NASA Internship Salary
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration, NASA offers good hourly pay for interns. Salary figure ranges from $4 to $31 per hour.
On the average, an intern with NASA is expected to earn $18 per hour. This is possible when the incentives and bonuses are added.
The estimation on the salary NASA pay interns is derived from 194 NASA intern salary report. This is based on the employees statistical method.
NASA Internship Acceptance Rate
It takes great work and study to become an astronaut. Space agency NASA are very strick and careful in their scrutiny when it comes to accepting interns.
NASA is currently ranked No. 1 leaving Google behind. The space agency is regarded as the most reputable Internship for the year 2023.
In 2017, NASA recruited twelve(12) astronaut out of eighteen thousand three hundred entrants.
This means that the acceptance rate to NASA Internship is less than 1%.
It takes working real great to be accepted into NASA Internship class.
NASA Internship Eligibility and application requirements
The National Astronauts and Space Administration, NASA Internship Eligibility and application requirements are classified as thus;
This level of applicants is made up of of high school and college level students or graduate. To be enrolled under NASA paid internship, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be a U.S citizen.
- Entrant must have a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicant must be a full time student in high school or undergraduate.
- Entrants must be of 16 years or more.
- Prior experience is not required.
NASA Pathways internship program offers you the opportunity to get a job after graduation.
To be on NASA Pathways paid internship program, here are the requirements.
- Pathways interns must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- He must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must be a student pursuing a certificate or degree.
- Entrants must be 16 years or more.
- He must meet other requirements as stipulated by the agency.
NASA seeks to prepare all interns/students to work on a multicultural international missions and a global environment. The National Astronaut and Space Administration and the U.S benefit from a cadre of future scientists, environmentalists, engineers and other professionals who become familiar and experienced in multinational environments.
NASA Internship sessions are organized in fall, summer and spring sessions during the calendar year.
Current countries participating with agreement
All countries who participate in the NASA Internship program have unique rules. The agreement guides Interns, employees and the employers.
- Australia: Victorian Space Science Education Center (VSSEC)
- Brazil: Brazilian Space Agency (AEB)
- Canada: Canadian Space Agency (CSA)
- Europe: European Space Agency (ESA)
- Israel: Israel Space Agency (ISA)
- Jordan: Crown Prince Foundation
- Lithuania: Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology (MITA)
- Mexico: Mexican Space Agency (AEM)
- New Zealand: Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
- Norway: Norwegian Space Center (NSC)
- Portugal: Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT)
- South Korea: Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI)
- Sweden: Swedish National Space Agency (SNSA)
- Tobago and Trinidad: National Institute of Higher-Education, Research, Science & Technology (NIHERST)
- United Arab Emirates (UAE): UAE Space Agency (UAESA)
Kindly make contact with organization in your country currently participating in the program if you are a citizen of any of the aforementioned country and you are interested in applying to one of the available research opportunities.
The eligibility and requirement for Fellow NASA Internship are as follows.
- You must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- A letter of recommendation must be submitted electronically by the writer directly.
- He must be 16 years of age and at least a high school sophomore at the commencement of the internship.
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited school.
- Graduate applicants must not be more than six months old after graduation.
NASA Internship Interview
Here are some of the frequently asked questions for NASA Internship Interview based on candidates report:
When can you start?
What are the benefits for medical and retirement?
What are the working hours?
How well can you multitask?
How well can you assist costumers in costumer care services?
Questions about the content of your resume will also be asked. Your recruiter or employer might want to know how well rounded a student you are. You will be asked if you were involved in other activities in your college campus.
Here are the application deadlines according to the seasons of enrollment.
- Fall Season: Application is by end of May. Late August is the start date.
- Summer season: Application is on 1st March. Early June is the start date.
- Spring season: Application is by mid October. Mid January is the start date.
NASA Internship program is open to qualified entrants who desire to find their place in space. If the information on this page is of value to you kindly share.
Thanks for reading.