Are you an undergraduate student of a recognised Nigerian institution of learning studying and oil and gas related course who will be interested in a Scholarship opportunity? There are quite a handful of offers around, and one of the popular names when it comes to Scholarships is PTDF ( Petroleum Trust Development Fund)
Scholarships have gotten many students out of dire financial situations. It has saved the academic dreams of many from being killed. with the PTDF Scholarship, you also may join the list of the success story. See MTN Scholarship 2023: Requirements And How To Apply
About PTDF Scholarship
The PTDF is an agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria that is mandate with the responsibility of human capacity and petroleum technology development to meet the oil and gas industry’s needs.
It offers 2 Scholarship Categories which are In Country Scholarship and Overseas Scholarship.
The PTDF in country Scholarship is for students of all Tertiary institution study levels, be it undergraduate or Post graduate (MSc, PhDs). For the undergraduates, the PTDF in country Scholarship award is worth #400,000 annually. Added to that is a one time #200,000 payment for laptop allowance.
The overseas Scholarship can be taken in some institutions in Germany, UK, Brazil, France China Malaysia and the USA. Institutions where the scholarship can be taken in these countries are readily listed on the PTDF Scholarship website.
However, the Overseas Scholarship is for those who are pursuing post graduate degrees only and is not available for undergraduates. The overseas Scholarship is a fully funded scheme. Accommodation, tuition, travel expenses and books are all covered.
Eligibility Requirements For PTDF Scholarship
The qualification criteria required from a candidate applying for PTDF Scholarship is dependent on the Scholarship option the individual is putting in for.
For those applying for the Undergraduate in country Scholarship, candidates must;
- Be a 200 level student of any of the federal universities in Nigeria.
- Must be studying an oil and gas related course.
- Applicants must possess not less than 3.0 of 4 or 3.5 of 5 CGPA
- Must posses not less than 5 O’Level credits, including English and Mathematics.
- Provide transcripts of the first year of study.
- Entrants must provide personal statement not less than 1000 words explaining the reason for studying the current course and how it relates to the Oil and Gas industry.
- Provide documents such as LG Identification, Passport Photograph, O’Level Evidence, Admission letter for the current admission.
For those who are putting in for the Masters postgraduate in country Scholarship scheme, the requirements are;
- Statement of result or first degree Certificate
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption letter
- Admission letter
- State and Local Government of origin Certificate
- Personal statement.
For in-country PhD, qualifications needed are;
- Relevant Statement of Result or Second Degree Certificate
- Candidate’s PhD research proposal.
For the Overseas MSc, Candidates must in addition to the in-country requirements possess any relevant one or all of the following;
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
- (IELTS) International English Language Testing System
How to Apply
Application for the PTDF Scholarship can be done online on the PTDF website scholarship platform. Click here
Registration is currently ongoing for the overseas postgraduate scholarship scheme and will close on the 28th of January 2023. Be sure to apply if you are qualified, and don’t forget to share this piece for others benefit while at it.