Interested in getting a scholarship to study for free in USA or Canada as an international student? This page shows a list of the best online MSN programs to study for free in USA and Canada as an international student.
Simply choose any of them and begin your applications as soon as possible. These scholarships also allows you to work and study in these countries.
Master’s degree is gradually becoming the new standard degree for obtaining a well paid job. The best online MSN programs will afford you the chance and opportunity to study at ease.
You study and acquire an MSN at your convenience and comfort while doing other jobs. You can even study on scholarship as an international student in USA and Canada.
It is important to upgrade your academic status and qualifications to meet up with the global growth. To acquire more qualifications is great but getting it from a renowned and accredited universities is even more awesome.
So, when seeking to pursue your masters degree as a registered nurse or other discipline, consider the best online MSN programs.
You will know a great online program by their academic foundation. Also by graduation rate, acceptance rate, student to instructor access and others.
Best Online MSN Programs For International Students
Here on this page, we have compiled some of the best online MSN programs for you.
The flexibility in online programs will allow you to work and study. You will do your course work at your own pace without being under pressure.
This means you can easily upgrade in your job and earn good salary without putting your work or study on a hold.
1. Ohio State University – Best Online MSN programs
The Ohio State University is sure a top rated institution offering an online MSN programs.
With their four different concentration on psychiatric Mental health nurse practitioner specialization, students are definitely going to get the best.
OSU also offers an online MSN program on Neonatal nurse practitioner specialization.
If you are a student or an RN who wish to bag an MSN in any of the courses, Ohio State University is there for you.
Other information about Ohio State University: Best online MSN programs
- Application deadline: 31st October
- TOEFL is needed for international students(79% pass online)
- $100 tuition per credit. You can also study on scholarship.
- An excellent GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Acceptance rate is 43%.
Learn more at OSU site.
2. University of Pittsburgh
The University of Pittsburgh is one of the top rated public schools in America. It is also rated as one of the best online MSN programs in the country. Pitt is also known for its great online RN to BSN programs.
The Pittsburgh University offers three concentration online MSN programs. They take pride in their unique specialist program on Clinical Nurse leader focus.
Other information about Pittsburgh University. Best online MSN programs
- The university of Pittsburgh admission dead line is rolling for both international and U.S students.
- A GPA of 3.7 is required and must be provided.
- The acceptance rate is 76% which is nice.
- You can also study on a scholarship.
Visit For more information on pitts University
3. Duke University – Best Online MSN Programs
When searching for best online MSN programs, Duke University is one of the top schools to consider.
DU is a private university with a word class academic standards. The school holds a three time NLN as a center of excellence in health care.
Duke University is rated by USNWR as the top three graduate nursing programs. They take pride in their five MSN specialists and majors, which is top ranked.
Other information on Duke University
- The admission dead line for Duke University is on the 1st of December.
- Tuition per credit is $1,910. You can also study on scholarship.
- They accept a GPA of 3.5 which a major criterion.
- The acceptance rate of DU is 58%
Visit DU website for more information
4. University of Massachusetts, Amherst
The university of Massachusetts Amherst is not just one for the best online MSN programs. It is one of the top rated institutions offering an RN to MSN online programs.
UMass prepares and equip students to teach students. Their online programs offers three specialty in online MSN programs. The nursing education focus and the general nursing science focus are part of it.
Students who first enroll in UMass are already employed. Another interesting part of the program is that it is very affordable to both US and international students.
UMass is one of the few best rated public schools within Massachusetts.
Other information about University of Massachusetts. Best online MSN programs
- UMass has a rolling application. No deadline.
- They offer a very low and affordable tuition of $750 per credit. You can also study on a scholarship.
- They offer a full acceptance rate of 100%.
- Entrant must submit their GPA of at least 3.7.
Learn more about UMass at their website.
5. University of Colorado, Anschutz – Best Online MSN Programs
The university of Colorado Denver, has the University of Anschutz as a part of it.
They offer three unique online MSN programs concentration. Which are, Leadership, Informatics and Family Nurse Practitioner.
These concentrations have made this institution one of the most sought after.
They receive research funds regularly to boost their medical campuses.
With their leading health care system, students are sure to get familiar with modern health care technologies. Students of this institution are usually at the fore front.
Other information about University of Colorado
- University of Colorado is a public school with a rolling application for both residents and international students.
- The university is affordable with a low tuition of $750 per credit. Scholarships are also available for international students.
- They have a great acceptance rate of 100%.
- Entrants are to submit their GPA of not less than 3.3.
Visit their site to read more about UC.
6. University of Cincinnati
Nurses who desire to go into midwifery should consider the university of Cincinnati.
Although, this institution have variety of online MSN programs. But their midwifery online program is top notch. Also, institutions offering this program online are very few.
The university of Cincinnati offers one of the best online MSN programs with quality teachers. It is one of the great public schools with a solid internet based MSN programs for registered nurses.
Other information about university Of Cincinnati
- This prestigious public school has application deadline on the 1st of April.
- They offer one of the cheapest and affordable tuition of $677 per credit. Scholarships are also available for selected students.
- University of Cincinnati has an acceptance rate of 78%.
- Applicants must meet up to a GPA of 3.3.
- TOEFL and essay are required.
Learn more about this institution by their website.
7. George Washington University
George Washington University is one of the best online MSN programs for you.
The institution has a great internet based RN to MSN programs. The programs are designed in a flexible way in order to allow students to work and study.
Study materials are archived such that students can easily lay hold of them at their free and convenient time.
A good percentage of the students are employed at their first enrollment.
They have online programs on six concentration which allows students to have a wide range of choice.
Other information about George Washington University
- GWU has its application deadline on the 1st of December.
- The tuition per credit is $1,395. You can also study on scholarship.
- TOEFL and essay are required.
- They have acceptance rate of 77%
- A GPA of 3.5 is required for application.
8. University of Alabama
The university of Alabama is a public university with online programs on various concentration. They offer MSN in nurse administration, FNP, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP), and dual FNP and PMHNP.
Online classes are recorded and stored in their archive for students to access at their convenience. Graduates from this institution are reputable, as they were trained tit train and teach others.
A large percent of students are employed when they first enroll into the program.
Other information about university of Alabama
- This public university has a rolling application for both residents and international students.
- They offer a very low and affordable tuition per credit of $440. Scholarships are also available for international students.
- A 53% acceptance rate.
- A GPA of 3.4 for entrants.
- TOEFL and essay are required.
Learn more from their site.
9. Stony Brook University
Stony Brook University is a public university that offers online MSN programs. Their nursing school is offering an online MSN in nursing leadership program. This helps students to teach other new and advanced nurses.
Stony Brook University is offering nine unique masters programs in full and part time. Making it flexible for students to cope with work and study.
Other information on Stony Brook university
- The application deadline of stony brook university is on the 2nd of December.
- The tuition per credit is $963. Scholarships are also available.
- Acceptance rate is 31%.
- TOEFL and essay are required.
- Entrant must submit a GPA of at least 3.4.
Visit their site for more.
10. Saint Xavier University
Saint Xavier University is a private university which is top rated. The institution has a great internet base programs for graduate nurses.
SXU avails students the opportunity to pursue online MSN in clinical leadership. Also nursing administration, nurse educator and lots more.
Materials are provided for students to access at their free and convenient time. The programs are flexible which allows student to work and study.
SXU has won the award of center of excellence by the National League of Nursing for the fourth time.
Other information about Saint Xavier University
- The application deadline for SXU is 15th July.
- The tuition per credit is $750. Scholarships are also available for international students.
- Entrants must have a GPA of at least 3.4.
- Acceptance Rate is 89%
- TOEFL and application essay are required.
Learn more about SXU from their site.
Conclusion on Best Online MSN Programs
These are the top ten best online MSN programs for you. There are other reputable and prestigious institutions offering online MSN programs across the internet.
If you find this page helpful, kindly share and drop your comments.
You Should Also Read:
- Scholarships To Study Nursing, Public Health And Other Courses In USA And Canada
- Best Online PhD Programs In The US
- Best Memory Care Facilities In United States
- Amazon Virtual Jobs
- MTN Scholarship 2023: Requirements And How To Apply
- What Can You Do With A Business Degree? Online Business Programs, Jobs And Salary